Archive for Mobile Marketing
Could Google’s phone be available as early as next week?
An internal T-Mobile memo from 12/29,
“Google, with support from T-Mobile, is scheduled to launch a new Android device in early January.
The Google Android phone will be sold solely by Google via the Web.”
What will the new Google Phone cost (sold only direct through Google) without a service contract?
Google, beyond its statement about dogfooding the other day, remains tight-lipped.
So what do we actually know?
- that Google employees are trialling an experimental new handset
- that it’s called Nexus One, and it’s made by HTC
- that it’s been approved by US regulators with support for GSM and T-Mobile’s 3G network
- that Google has registered Nexus One as a trademark in relation to phones
- that Google has plans to sell it, unlocked, directly on the web
Google Goggles is a visual search app for Android phones. Instead of using words, take a picture of an object with your camera phone: we attempt to recognize the object, and return relevant search results. Goggles also provides information about businesses near you by displaying their names directly in the camera preview.Did you like this? If so, please bookmark it, RSS feed.